Saturday, April 28, 2012

Low Blood Pressure #98

We talked some in the last post about blood pressure and mine being very low.  I haven't seen my cardiologist yet, but will update you as soon as I do.  Back to the the blood pressure.  I can find a lot about causes of high blood pressure but not much on causes of low blood pressure.  You can find many discussions of the symptoms of low blood pressure.  Light headiness, dizzy after stooping or bending over.  When mine is very low, as the other day, I have a strange sensation of my body being very heavy.  As if I am enclosed in a heavy weight, or perhaps the feeling of high g-forces.  I definitely feel it takes an extra effort to move my arms and legs.   I have not found much to explain why that feeling.  Honestly, it is pretty concerning to me that my blood pressure has begun to fluctuate.  Especially dropping so low.  I definitely do not drive, or do anything strenuous when feeling that way.   I have visited several medical websites, including the Mayo Clinic, for an explanation of low blood pressure causes and still can not find anything definitive other than all say "you should see your doctor."

Now some causes of high blood pressure, which most of you know.  Drinking alcohol, mental stress, smoking, poor eating habits, being overweight, lack of exercise, genetics, being an older age, too much salt in diet.  Wow... find anything there that does not apply to many of us.  Kidney and thyroid disorders and disease also contribute to high blood pressure.

Because of being sick, not feeling well and so forth, today was the first workout I have had in 4 days, which is unusual for me.  I can not say that I felt the normal perkiness, and as invigorated as I usually do.  I felt sort of groggy and sluggish.  I am sure it had to do with the low blood pressure. 

Next Day
I worked out this morning around 7:00 a.m. and took my blood pressure when I got home.  I felt much better than yesterday, but still was a little sluggish.  My pressure reading was a shock to me.  84/44.  I am glad I will be seeing my cardiologist in a few days.   Strangely, I did not feel light headed or dizzy when my pressure was so low.  I took it twice to be sure there was no error, and there was not.

I get the feeling not many of you reading this who are heart patients are really into exercising as yet.  And that may be good considering your current state of health.  You know, it just depends on you, your health, your cardiologist, and what you are capable of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

POST COMMENT